Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Surah Recitation During Pregnancy: Surah Luqman

This is a surah that I habitually read everyday when I was pregnant. Again, there is no hadith recommending the reading of this surah, but I read it because of the wonderful advice that it contains and I prayed that my child would replicate these desirable qualities. 



As I read each verse, I pray in my heart that: 

 1) my child will be counted among the Muhsinin (the ones who perform good deeds); who observe their prayers and give out Zakat and believe in the hereafter. (verse 4-5)

2) my child will not to be among those who participates in idle talk, misleading people without knowledge, mocking Allah's words and turning away from the verses of the Quran when recited upon them. (verse 6-7)

3) my child be dutiful and good to me and my husband (verse 14)

4) my child emulates the advice Luqman al-Hakim gave to his son which are:

"...Give thanks to Allah." and whoever gives thanks, he give thanks for his own good and whoever is unthankful, then indeed, Allah is All-Rich (Free of all wants), Worthy of all praise." -verse 12-

"...O my son! Join not in worship others with Allah. Indeed! Worshiping others with Allah is a great wrong." -verse 13-

".. O my son! Perform your prayers and enjoin people to do all that is good and forbid people from doing evil and bad deeds and be patient with whatever that befall you.." -verse 17-

"And turn not your face away from men with pride, nor walk in insolence through the earth. Indeed, Allah likes not each arrogant boaster."  - verse 18 - 

"And be moderate (show no insolence) in your walking, and lower your voice. Indeed, the harshest of all voices is the voice (braying) of the donkey." -verse 19 - 

These are what I wish my child will be like, someone who is a good believer and perform his prayers, do good deeds, humble in his demeanor and speech, ever thankful for all ni'mah. Beautiful character every parents would love and at the same time, I remind myself to inculcate these qualities in myself too.

Wallahu A'lam.









1 comment:

  1. Are you in anyway having difficulties in family, having issues with marital affairs, well i am here to let the world know how i came in contact with Dr. IZOYA, early this year, i was diagnosed of prostrate cancer and a fibroid, i kept on living with the sickness in me and this lead to a miscarriage while i was pregnant, this brought alot problems to my family and marriage, along the line, my husband said he could not continue with the marriage because we have been to soo many medical institutions not knowing my case was a spiritual one. My husband left me, on my search on how i could get him back, i came across Dr. IZOYA whom i explained my problems to, and he made a powerful charm and promised to help me, i did all the things he asked and after some days i got a call from hospital to come for my medical reports, when i got there, i was diagnosed and behold i have no medical problems anymore, same day i got a text from my EX begging if he could return home. What a double blessings and with excitement i drop his email for those facing spiritualism, so he can be of great help... drizayaomosolution@gmail.com, contact him and see.

    ReplyDelete